Moriendum Est is dedicated to a friendly, team focused, fun-loving gaming environment where every member is important and not just a number on a roster. We seek to foster long term friendships among members and enhance the online gaming experience by virtue of those friendships.
Standards Of Conduct
Core Rules Moriendum Est only accepts members into its ranks that are of similar personalities, goals and values to its own. All of our members support and follow our core guild rules and anyone who cannot, is removed. Our core rules and values have served us well in the past and continue to be the guiding principles behind moving the guild forward. Our core rules include, but are not limited to:
Guild First: We expect all members to ensure that all actions they take are done in the mindset of 'guild first'. Anything a member does reflects on the overall guild image and on all fellow members. We expect members to only take actions that reflect positively on the guild image that we have worked very hard to build and maintain over the years. We recruit the PERSON not the toon. We look for good people not only a toon that meets a specific set of requirements. As such members of Moriendum Est cannot be a member of any other guild that has a branch of their guild in any game we actively participate in. Membership in another guild, in games we do not play, is permitted with some caveats (ex: you could not be in a guild that was a cheater/exploiter guild in one game and in a game we play espouse to uphold our high values in that area.)
It is not permitted to relay any information outside the guild, for any reason, at any time. Moriendum Est is a private gaming organization. We do not share information with the public except through official channels and officially sanctioned outlets. Therefore no member should reveal any information, no matter how minor they may think it is, outside the guild.
Participate In Guild Events. Hunts, Raids, Events and other in game activities occur all the time. You are expected to take place in as many of them as possible. We understand people have lives and cannot live within the online world and that is ok. But if you are online, and we are having a guild event of some sort, you need to be there and participating in it. Actively working against the guild on any mission could result in immediate and permanent removal.
Leadership roles in Moriendum Est are decided based on demonstrated ability as well as the need for a leader in a particular spot. You can be assured that your leaders are working hard to make the game more fun for you. While the reason behind every decision may not always be apparent at the moment an order is issued, all orders from officers need to be immediately followed. If errors are made, they should be reported to leadership where they will be dealt with and, if needed, changes made to the officer team. Absent those changes, all officers should be listened to as though it was the guild leader issuing the order.
We are a TEAM of FRIENDS . Backing up your guildmates is expected because they will do the same for you. Moriendum Est members understand that sometimes personal character sacrifice is needed for the team to complete a mission. We dont view it as personal sacrifice, however, because we are helping out a friend and that is more important than loot or pixels on a screen. Games come and go. Moriendum Est and the friendships within it, remain.
Dead-weight is not needed in the guild. Failure to maintain an acceptable level of activity will result in your removal. We do have an "inactive" status for members who are retired from games we play and wish to join us in future games. Simply vanishing off the face of the earth without any communication indicating you wish to go to inactive status is taken as a sign you have quit the guild and membership is removed.
All ideas for changes in any facet of the guild will be taken into consideration and will be reviewed. Please use the Feedback-Link to give us information that you would like to see incorporated into the guild. We will have an open discussion session in many of the guild meetings and officer meetings, these minutes will be published for guild review.
These standards go hand in hand with our core guild rules but they bear repeating so all future members understand what we expect from members. Those standards of conduct include, but are not limited to:
1. Members may not use cheats or exploits.
2. Members may not player-kill/murder other players. Consensual PVP is permitted, encouraged and a fun aspect of the guild.
3. Upholding of all guild values and rules is required of all members. There are no exceptions whether you are a member for 10 days or 10 years. All members must maintain the values of the guild.
4. Members need to behave in a mature, professional, team focused manner. Self focused, loot focused, immature people will not be tolerated
Make friends in the guild. At our core we are a Team Of Friends. So make friends. Those friendships make us strong.
5. Any issues with guild policies are brought to leadership attention via email or a conference chat. Publicly bashing or complaining about them is not tolerated.
Personal attacks on other members is not permitted. Handle issues with another player 1 on 1, in a mature professional way. Seek an officers help to mediate if needed but do not personally attack other members. If personal attacks persist the offender or offenders, they will be removed regardless of rank.
6. Backstabbing, looting, stealing from, scamming or otherwise harming other members is not permitted. It all goes back to our core value that we are a team of friends.
7. Profanity.. sexual content.. and obscene content may take place as we are an adult guild comprised of many players over the age of 18. We have been gaming together for nearly 20 years and know each others limits. If you have minors around or have children that may play along please make sure this is known prior to bringing them into voice chat so we can moderate the tone, you may be asked to drop to another channel in voice chat. If you are offended by anything said in voice chat contact the offender politely ask them to change the subject that is offensive. If it persists simply mute them in chat.( right click their name and mute) Or you can move channels.
8. If a guild officer tells you to do something, do it immediately. Do not argue or complain to them and definitely do not get nasty with them or removal will occur and you can explain to leadership why you had to behave that way and should be let back in.
9. Streaming and video recording will be held at times. When we are streaming we expect everyone involved to follow the rules of Twitch. No Racial speech will be permitted. You can read the twitch rules at https://www.twitch.tv/p/legal/terms-of-service/
Guild-Master - Necrohighlis
Commander - Redroostah
Legate - Bruce
Earl- Open Recruitment
Duke - Open Recruitment
Viscount - Open Recruitment
Earls positions are designed for the current game structure in play and may not be used for each game we are involved with. In large scale MMO's they will be positions such as: Raid Leader, Crafting Coordinator Leadership, Questing/Dungeon Leadership, Guild Accountant / Financial Officer, Recruitment Officer, Alliance Liaison
Knight - General population of the guild.
Peasants - New members of the guild under trial assignment.
Thralls - Applicants to the guild, still under review of the council.